Re: Space SSTV

Phil,

The next Space Amateur Radio EXperiment (SAREX)-- Shuttle mission will be
the STS-93 mission which is currently scheduled for launch on April 8,
1999.  This flight will include 2 meter FM and packet radio.

I assume you know that SAREX has flown SSTV and Fast Scan TV on several
previous missions.  The first flight of SSTV was on the STS-51F mission
with Tony England, W0ORE in July 1985.  To date, SSTV has flown on 4 SAREX
flights.

For more information on the SAREX program, you can check out our web site.
There are several links to many school group sites and to the ARRL SAREX
Web Page.  The web site is at:

http://www.gsfc.nasa.gov/sarex/

Thanks for all your interest in Human Spaceflight Activities.

73,

Frank H. Bauer, KA3HDO
AMSAT V.P. for Human Spaceflight Programs

At 09:34 AM 12/17/98 +0200, Phil Heath wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>Now that the dust has settled a bit over the Mir SSTV question, any bets
as to whether the next high profile SAREX mission will be carrying SSTV on 2m?