Re: A SSTV TIP

I keep seeing everyone suggesting the VCR to record the pass.....what
about a program that will open run in the background of win95/98 and when
it hears a signal from the radio it turn on the record and records it to
disk.... then you have a .wav file you can listen to?
I have a program that does this for me... when I goto bed.. I leave the
radio on as to where a signal will break the squelch and when it does it
starts recording...took me a few tries to setup the VOX in the computer
to where it only opened when a real signal was there.... records in mono
at 8 bits.
Recall is the name of the program...  I will see if I can put it on my
website when I get a chance today or tomorrow...the guy that I am sharing
with takes care of it and I have to send it to him and he uploads it to
the site... give me a day or so and I will get it ready for download.
Jess

KC5LOS - EM16
ICQ#:23429566
kc5los@juno.com