Re: MIR SSTV twice today

At 01:32 PM 12/14/98 -0800, Cap Pennell wrote:
>Not knowing, I'll ask:  Who coordinates these things internationally?

The IARU

>Seems there's suddenly a great widespread interest in the SSTV pictures
now that they're working so well, less doppler problem on 2 meters, and
only intermittent "one-at-a-time" use of the Mir TNC mailbox due to the
inefficiencies of the "connected protoc
>ol".  Wouldn't it be of more benefit to more users to leave the SSTV on 2
meters?

I don't have any problem with putting them on 2 meters. When the proposal
was made however, either they didn't ask to put SSTV on 2 meters or
some of the member nations complained about it making it necessary to
go to 70cm.

Ron, wa4sir