MIR SSTV FREQUENCY HARMONIC OF PACKET FREQUENCY

Hi

I see that MIR's packet is now back on 2 metres, but I didn't hear anything
on the 70 cm frequency (437.975 MHz) during the pass this morning over South
Africa.

I'm using a dual band (2 metre/70 cm) rig and a dual band omnidirectional
antenna.  I receive a signal on 437.975 (and on 437.950) when I transmit on
145.985 MHz.  The reason appears to be due to the 70 cm frequency being 3
times the 2 metre frequency (which I think is called the 2nd harmonic).  I
wondered if there's a specific reason why that specific frequency was
chosen, as I suspect that this will make simultaneous operation on both
bands a problem on MIR.

Perhaps I've missed some important reason for this.

Any comments will be much appreciated.

73
Ray (ZS6RSW)