Re: SSTV in violation

On Mon, 14 Dec 1998 21:24:47 -0600, John R. Moore wrote:

>At the possibility of being flamed, I find the SSTV very interesting and
>apparently from the amount of
>email traffic generated here so do a lot of others.  Please lets just let
>them get the bugs out of their
>procedures.  Besides what is the Violation exactly, I haven't researched the
>international rules but I dont believe
>it is in violation of any rule in the U. S.

The "violation" is frequency coordination..... One thing that was
hammered into me, was that although frequency coordination is a
voluntary effort, people will get all bent if it is not followed.
Gentleman's rules and all that...

As far as I'm concerned, as long as the previous users of that
frequency don't mind (was it MIR?) -- I don't care a short, but
beneficial use of the band.

According to the FCC rule book I have, the entire band is ruled mixed
mode (CW, RTTY, DATA, MCW, _TEST_ , phone and image), except for a
small section of CW only... That's the only "rule". 145.80-146.00 is
OSCAR (satellite) -- per 'typical operation' (ARRL band plans)

Given these facts, I can only conclude that I see no "violation" of any
rules. Bending of the voluntary band plan for a bit of testing that's
satellite related. There is NO violation of any rules, at least at FCC
level.

Per: The FCC Rule Book, 10th edition.

--- May Peace and love be yours,
Poohbear/Brendan Keyport