Cap Pennell <cap@cruzio.com>: [CA APRS] Fwd: MIR SSTV Images WEB page

From: Cap Pennell <cap@cruzio.com>
To: Multiple recipients of aprs <aprs@lists.monterey.edu>
Subject: [CA APRS] Fwd: MIR SSTV Images WEB page
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 14:22:29 -0800

>Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 20:01:32 -0600 (CST)
>Sender: aprssig@tapr.org
>From: Bob Bruninga <bruninga@nadn.navy.mil>
>To: aprssig@tapr.org
>Subject: [APRSSIG:31154] MIR SSTV Images WEB page
>

>My APRN (Automatic Picture Relay Network) WEB page is supposed to
>automatically capture the latest SSTV images transmitted on the local
>APRN frequency and post them for all to see via the WEB.  So All I had
>do was QSY to 145.985, and bingo, now we have live MIR images!
>
>   http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/aprn.html
>
>I copied 6 images.  When APRN is fully functional, then a single APRS
>packet can betransmitted before or after the image and automatically
>identify the STATION, TITLE, and APRS LAT.LONG of where it was taken.
>Thus the WEB page is AUTOMATIC and files and catalogs the images as they
>come in.  Imagine that for emergency and special events!
>
>But I have not finished the automatic part, so I am going home now from
>work and there wont be any more "automatic" postings for the rest of the
>weekend..
>
>But it shows the power of the APRN concept of hooking LIVE SSTV feeds to
>internet WEB pages by using APRS UI frames to automatically identify
them!

>de WB4APR, BOb

---

*  You are subscribed to the CALIFORNIA APRS USERS LIST, an open
   mailing list begun by Cap Pennell KE6AFE and run at California
   State University, Monterey Bay thanks to Greg Pool WH6DT.
*  To join the ongoing discussion, send to aprs@lists.monterey.edu
   the message: unsubscribe aprs
*  To learn more about this list, send email to admin@lists.monterey.edu
   with *only* the message: info aprs
*  To upload and download APRS-related files, try the address
   ftp://ftp.allpen.com/pub/incoming
*  More information: Cap cap@cruzio.com or Greg wh6dt@amsat.org