Additional Mir SSTV Robot 36 informaiton

Hi everyone:

I have a few good webs and infor related to the Robot 36 mode for the Mir
SSTV.

Good luck

Miles

---------------------- Forwarded by Miles Mann/PicTel on 12/12/98 08:35 AM
---------------------------

"Farrell Winder" <fwinder@one.net> on 12/04/98 08:58:47 AM

To:   "Miles Mann, WF1F" <mann@pictel.com>
cc:   "Dave Jones KB4YZ" <djones@tima.com>, "Hank Cantrell W4HTB"
      <hcantrl@premiernet.net>, "Don Miller, W9NTP" <wyman@svs.net> (bcc:
      Miles Mann/PicTel)
Subject:  Fw: Robot 36

Hi Miles,
     In anticipation of many that might want to know how to receive SSTV
pictures, particularily systems capable of Robot 36,  I have asked Dave
Jones, KB4YZ to make a summary.  Dave is an avid SSTVer and in on with
several of us in the AM on 2 m.  Dave has an excellent Web Page at:
http://www.tima.com/~djones/
     Dave prepared the following list which should answer a lot of
questions.
aon Dave's page he gives info for downloading most of the following
programs.
     I note that Scott Avery is answering inquires with  a suggestion for
W95SSTV, presumably for the same purpose?
                                         73, Farrell.
----------
> From: Dave Jones <djones@tima.com>
> To: W8ZCF Farrell <fwinder@one.net>
> Subject: Robot 36
> Date: Friday, December 04, 1998 7:20 AM

---------SSTV Software for PC's with the Robot 36 Color
Mode-------------

                            DOS/Hamcomm:
                            ===========

AT-FAX                                 No ROBOT 36 Color Mode
GSH-PC "Saw scan"                      Yes
JVFAX                                  No ROBOT 36 Color Mode
Pasokon Lite                           Yes
EZ-SSTV                                No ROBOT 36 Color Mode
PC-Slowscan (SSC)                      Yes
Proskan                                Yes
SSTV Explorer                          Yes
Mscan                                  No ROBOT 36 Color Mode
Vester/Truscan                         Yes

                            DOS/Soundcard:
                            =============

FTV                                    No ROBOT 36 Color Mode
SSTVBL (Harland Tech)                  ROBOT 36C Mode disabled in
Shareware
"UR Scan" (DL1UR)                      No ROBOT 36 Color Mode

                            Windows 3.1/Soundcard:
                            =====================

WinPix Pro                             Yes (Demo shareware is RX only)
Winskan                                ROBOT 36C Mode disabled in
Shareware
WIN-SSTV                               Yes

                            Windows 95/Soundcard:
                            ====================

ChromaPix                              Yes
JVComm32                               No ROBOT 36 Color Mode
ROY1                                   No ROBOT 36 Color Mode
SSTV32                                 Yes
W95SSTV                                Yes
WinPix32                               Yes (Demo shareware is RX only)

                            Other (special hardware):
                            ========================

Hiscan - ViewPort                      No ROBOT 36 Color Mode
Fax480 - ViewPort                      Yes
Fax480P - Pasokon board                No ROBOT 36 Color Mode
Pasokon Classic - Pasokon board        Yes
HiRez - Tasco                          Yes
Robot Helper - Robot 1200C             Yes
Robot Helper - Robot Clones            Yes
MultiCom - MFJ                         No ROBOT 36 Color Mode
MultiCom for Windows - MFJ             Yes
Mscan for Windows - Multi Scan         No ROBOT 36 Color Mode
VCterm - VC-H1                         Yes
ViewPort VGA - ViewPort                Yes

More Webs

Just about everything I have is on-line:

     http://www.ultranet.com/~sstv

Under there is a FAQ list, mini-handbook, and other info.

I also wrote an article for QST several years ago.
(Jan 93, I think.)  I think I still have some reprints around
somewhere for anyone who would be interested.

73,
John