Re: Good by Little Sputnik, Staus Dec 12/98

Miles & others on the list,

I can confirm that RS-18 did not die on Dec. 09, it was after 0710z Dec. 10.
AP2NK and myself heard it in my shack at that time (Icom IC-229H,
broadband/unity gain ground plane) and my son heard it outside the shack
using my AOR-8000. I have to say though that the signals were broken up and
not as strong as one would expect for a pass elevation of 65 deg. The only
QTC we copied in full was the english thingy about the international space
year and of course the beeps.

Yesterday there was a pass scheduled at 1500+ UTC and 70 deg. elevation but
I did not hear anything, again today the pass at 1404z was at 80 deg.
elevation, nothing heard.

RIP Sputnik-41 - a good little bird while it lasted.

73 de Tariq/AP2TJ.