Re: STS-88

On Sun, 06 Dec 1998 11:15:18 -0500 David Tilley <b1blancr@gte.net>
writes:

>James B Sibley wrote:
>
>> IS there a 2 meter band that i can use to here STS-88?
>>
>> Thanx,
>> James
>
>Afraid not.  All shuttle communications are handled through the TDRS
>satellite system.  The best alternative I can think of is to go to the
>shuttle web page, where you can watch live NASA TV by either RealVideo
>or
>NetShow.
>
>- David, W4HPW

I guess I am lucky being close to Los Angeles and close to Edwards Air
Force Base.  There used to be a 2 meter repeater that retransmitted it
but the owner moved north and naturally took his repeater with him.  I
understand there is a 440 machine near LA retransmitting shuttle audio.
I'm also hearing it above the two meter band from the Air Force Base at
169.400 Mhz.  All these of course, are only for Southern California USA.

OTHER OPTIONS:

Check your cable/DBS system, some have NASA TV.  C-Band satellite GE2
transmits NASA TV too.

Average lifespan of a major league baseball, five pitches
<www.joke-of-the-day.com>

73 Joe Morris KD6YOE <jkmorris@juno.com> Longitude 117.83357 West,
Latitude 34.61909 North, DM14, 60 miles (97 km) north of Los Angeles
California USA in the Mojave Desert.