Re[2]: Spoutnik 41 QSL, Verification

Message authorized by:
    : /DDV=ap2tj@paknet2.ptc.
pk/DDT=HPMEXT1/S=ap2tj/OU=BSFX1-S/O=ALCATEL/P=ALCAN
ET/A=ATLAS/C=FR/ at x400

If you sent you disapontment to fr5co I am not sure that you will receive an

answer. The right call is fr5cY.

I am very disapointed that Sergej didn' t sent yet an answer  making at
least
500 ham upset.
He told me in september that he will do it after RS18

Send a request to AMSAT-F and I promiss that you will receive one.

F6FAO

____________________________ Separateur Reponse
________________________________
Objet : Re: [sarex] Spoutnik 41 QSL, Verification
Auteur :
/DDV=ap2tj@paknet2.ptc.
pk/DDT=HPMEXT1/S=ap2tj/OU=BSFX1-S/O=ALCATEL/P=ALCANET/A=A
TLAS/C=FR/ a x400
Date :    16/11/98 19:39

>ps, Sputnik RS-17 last  November had over 700 SWL cards sent out. >Lets try

for more for this bird RS-18.

Miles and others,

RS-17 may have had that many cards sent but they were not all replied, for
sure.

I sent 3 cards, one each for AP2NK & myself and a letter from my son's high
school class duly signed by their class teacher and verified by me (I
supplied a scanner and the AOS time) that they heard RS-17 as part of a
science project . Being only 14 the kids were all excited about how they
were going to get a certificate which they would present to their principal,

get a mention in the newsletter etc. etc.

I enclosed 3 SAE's plus 4 IRC's to cover postage for 3 cards. What I got
back in my envelope was a card for AP2NK, nobody else. Since then I have
sent no less than 5 emails to the head of the project FR5CO explaining the
situation and asking that at least the kids' card/certificate be sent,
without so much as the courtesy of a reply. I offered to send another SAE
plus postage, whatever was needed but to no avail.

It is easy to guess the kid's reaction when I told him that RS-18 was in the

air, had digitized speech and SWL cards would be sent: "Hah! Who cares!".
Having had to eat a lot of crow before his classmates I don't blame him.

No doubt AMSAT France will do a better job of QSL-ing but for one high
school class their initiation to satellite listening/ham radio has been
disappointing to say the least.

73/Tariq.