Sputnik

The little bird heard well in southern Wisconsin 12 November, 0625 UTC.
Mir keps close enough. Thank you to our Russian Radiosport friends and
the others who worked on this project.

I would pose a question: Why have we not commemorated OSCAR 1 in a
similar way? Sputnik was the first artificial earth satellite. OSCAR 1
was the first Amateur Radio artificial satellite, and seems worthy of a
"re-do". (Heavens, I remember that.. too old.)
--
Best regards,
Jim Romelfanger, K9ZZ