Objet : Re: [sarex] Spoutnik
Auteur :
/DDV=kf4fdj@AMSAT.
Org/DDT=HPMEXT1/S=kf4fdj/OU=BSFX1/O=ALCATEL/P=ALCANET/A=ATLAS/
C=FR/ a x400
Date :    11/11/98 15:10

bill miller wrote:

> Sputnik received loud and clear both audio xmsns and "beeps".  AOS 1226Z
and LOS at 1233Z in SW coast of Florida.  Congratulations to all!

Bill and all,

I heard RS-18 on the same pass.  I heard a rather sharp series of tones
that sounded like someone beating on an out-of-tune steel drum.  All
other telemetry and voice announcements were as expected.  Does anybody
know what I heard?

73, Mike

--
Mike Gilchrist KF4FDJ
 - P.O. Box 763 - Fort Myers, FL 33902-0763

kf4fdj@amsat.org - www.gate.net/~ seven77