MIREX UPDATE 12 JULY 1998

BID: $MIRX0712.TXT

                            M I R E X - U P D A T E

R0MIR-1 MAILBOX HELP

For those that want to send Personal Mail to other stations, you must
address it to a VALID callsign! ALL,TODOS,CQ are NOT valid callsigns
to Send Personal mail to (SP). These areas, ALL,TODOS,CQ are >To
addresseses to be used with the command SB. Send Bulletin.
Any SP or personal mail addressed to a non amateur callsign can NOT be
read by anyone! It is a waste of memory, and totally useless to everyone.

Read your TNC manual on how to address messages.
---------------

MIR FREQUENCY INFORMATION

145.985 1200 baud packet and voice. (Voice is only when the crew might talk)
437.950 rx/435.750 tx - PL 141.3 SAFEX repeater (This is what you program)
437.925 rx/435.725 tx - PL 151.4 SAFEX crew QSO mode.

At this time, the SAFEX repeater is not operational.

Callsigns:

R0MIR Keyboard callsign. (NO connections allowed to this call with NO SSID)
R0MIR-1 Packet Mailbox
RR0DL SAFEX repeater callsign
---------------

APRS SCHOOL TEST

For more information on the web, look at:

http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/mirex.how
---------------

R0MIR-1 HELP LIST

These are the commands reconized by MIR's TNC (R0MIR-1)

Kantronics KPC-9612 Plus Version 8.1

B(ye)         PBBS WILL DISCONNECT
E(dit) n [BPTYNFH] [>tocall] [<fromcall] [@BBS] "old" "new"
H(elp)        THIS LIST!
J(heard)      CALLSIGNS WITH DAYSTAMP
J S(hort)     HEARD CALLSIGNS ONLY
J L(ong)      CALLSIGNS WITH DAYSTAMP AND VIAS
L [x [y]] [;] LIST MESSAGES x THRU y YOU CAN READ
L <|> call    LIST MESSAGES FROM OR TO CALL
LB            LIST BULLETINS
LC [cat]      LIST CATEGORIES
LL n          LIST LAST n MESSAGES
LM(ine)       LIST UNREAD MESSAGES ADDRESSED TO YOU
LO [+|-]      LISTING ORDER
LT            LIST TRAFFIC
LTn           DISPLAY LOCATION TEXT n=1-4
K(ill) n      DELETE MESSAGE NUMBER n
KM(ine)       DELETE ALL READ MESSAGES ADDRESSED TO YOU
R(ead) n      DISPLAY MESSAGE NUMBER n
RH n          DISPLAY MESSAGE n WITH HEADERS
RM(ine)       READ ALL MESSAGES ADDRESSED TO YOU
S(end) call   SEND MESSAGE TO callsign
S[B|P|T] call SEND BULLETIN, PRIVATE, or TRAFFIC
---------------

R0MIR/R0MIR-1 QSL INFORMATION

QSLs must be sent along with a business-sized self-addressed stamped
envelope (the card will not fit in a regular-sized envelope). A "green
stamp" to cover postage would also be appreciated. USA ONLY
Please include TWO IRC's for international QSL requests.
The IRC must be dated 1998 because the post office will NOT accept IRC's
over one year old!

QSLs World Wide (EXCEPT EUROPE) should be sent to:

Dave Larsen N6CO
P.O.Box 1501
Pine Grove, California  95665
U.S.A.
===============

European QSLs go to:

Radio-Club "F5KAM - QSL Manager de "R0MIR"
" Carrefour International de la Radio"
22, Rue BANSAC - 63000 - CLERMONT-FERRAND - FRANCE

with a self-addressed envelope, and two 1998 IRC coupons.
For more information you may use the internet:

http://www/radioecouteur.com/f5kam/qsl.htm

Thanks to CT1UT for this QSL information.
---------------

MIREX WEB SITE INFORMATION

More additional information can be found at the MIREX web site at:

http://www.ik1sld.org/mirex.htm
-or-
http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Lab/3431/mirex.htm

73, Scott WA6LIE