Re: MIR NEWS

>Re: Frank Bauer, KA3HDO

Thanks Frank for keeping us all up to date, and also for all your hard
work!

I know everyone is very disappointed, especially the children, over the
cancellation of SAREX with John Glenn.  It could have been the most
rewarding SAREX fight for NASA, and  the Amateur Radio community.  I know
the ISS will now be the main focus, and will be very rewarding, for all
of us.

It's a shame that MIR will be destroyed next year.  I wish it could have
a more meaningful retirement.  What would it take to boost it out of
Earths orbit, and into the Moon's, leaving  the radio equipment aboard,
set up as a cross band repeater?

73,
 Al / KD4SFF :-)

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home