SSTV Experiment onboard MIR

At first one general statement from the German
SAFEX team:

We appreciate all activities of radio-amateurs
for manned space- flight, however, these
activities must be discussed and coordinated
internationally. If these rules are not
followed, no support from our side can be
given.

>From Miles Mann a SSTV experiment is prepared
to be installed in the spacestation MIR. To us
this seems not coordinated sufficiently.
Particularly the proposed frequencies do not
correspond to the international rules of the
IARU regions 1 (TelAviv) and 2 (Toronto) for
manned space-flights.

      This matter will have to be talked about
      at the ARISS Meeting coming up

The following frequencies are provided for this
project:

A)  435.050, 435.075, 435.100, 435.150 MHz
B)  437.900, 437.975 MHz
C)  144.325 MHz

The frequencies from line A) do not correspond
to the given rules from Toronto and disturbances
of other ham radio satellites can occur, especially
after launch of the satellite AMSAT Phase 3D.

The frequencies from line B) disturb the SAFEX
equipment on the spacestation MIR, because the
Notch part of the duplex filter is very narrow.

The frequency from line C) is a frequency for
terrestrial application and is used very often.
This application is against to all actual
bandplans.

We are not able to support the SSTV project in
the submitted form.

Thomas Kieselbach, DL2MDE
Joerg Hahn, DL3LUM

    SAFEX Team