Re: MIREX UPDATE 17 MAY 1998

Thanks for (yes, another.....) good summary on the MIR PMS operations.

We are amatuer radio operators AND DO use our hobby 'just to do it'.
MIREX is part of that hobby, if it isn't, it really shouldn't exist.  I
think we NEED to encourage people to JUST DO IT, but... because of the
nature of limited resources and almost unlimited QRM, an especially discplined
and courteous AND KNOWLEDEABLE use is indicated.  I'm sure that is what you
meant in one of the DON'Ts:

	DON'T Connect to R0MIR-1 "just to do it".

Maybe the first time, it's fine "just to do it", but again, in
consideration of others trying to connect, and the crew, limit your
'unnecessary' connects.

Bill, NI3E

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home