Re: Feed horn for 10ft dish

>*****************************
>The 1998 ARRL Handbook has a good section on EME and satellite antennas,
>one of which is a parabolic dish with a 70cm helical feed.  Can't exactly
>remember what the size of the dish was, although 10 feet should be plenty
>for 70cm.  Waveguide-type feeds work better at much higher frequencies,
>like 2.4-10 GHz.  I doubt 2 meters will be practical with a dish -- you'd
>be much better off with a phased Yagi array.

Yes, the handbook has some very good ideas about that to use for EME.
Speaking of which, does anybody have any ideas on where a new ham could pick
up a dish?  I can make my own antenna/feed horn, but I've never heard of
anyone selling a dish in my area. I'm on the west-coast of the US if it
helps any.  If anyone knows of distributors or specialty places that sell
things like that give me a mail to my personal address, I appreciate any and
all help.  When I saw the gain in dBd, I knew I had to have one!

Thanks,

Will

Amicus amor, sed magis amicus veritas.
"Dear is love, but dearer still is truth."

*William L. Anthony		Member, Wilamette Valley Youthnet Org.	*
*KD7AHV - Technician Class	Member, #435 Fanclub			*
*Grid Square CN83		Member, Benton County Search and Rescue	*
*http://www.proaxis.com/~fujisawa/1.htm					*