What are "Charlie" elements? - unclassified

I asked AMSAT-BB a while ago, and got no reply.
So, I've asked again, and also try this list which might have some
different folk...

What are "Charle" elements?

It appears from the contaxt that they are a one-line version of NORAD
Two-Line Elements. That probably makes them like 'state vectors'.

(1) Can anyone give me an example of a "Charle" element set (even better:
related to a corresponding set of TLEs), and give me a decode of the
numbers in the "Charlie" set (what the numbers mean).

(2) Where can I find that information on the Net?

Thanks,
     _  .      Peter R. Ellis, Amateur Radio Op. VK1KEP
   _-' |_|\         at Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
  /        \        email: peter.ellis@dao.defence.gov.au
         \/         RNARS Australia #1528 (see also http://come.to/rnars/)
VK1KEP:   http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/5796/vk1kep.htm
Mine:          http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/5796/pre-pers.htm