Re: sattelite tracking

Richard,
Similar to others who have already responded, I also am using WinOrbit 3.5 and
find it as accurate as I can detect (I don't use it for rotor control, only
AOS-LOS timing).  For example, I work RS-12 often and find I acquire the
beacon within 30 seconds of the predicted time (sometimes before, sometimes
after 0 degrees elevation).  Ditto on FO-20/29, but my homemade eggbeater is
dead at the horizon, so I usually acquire and lose at about 10 degrees.

I have used both STS Plus and QuickTrack before.  They both work well, but
find WinOrbit easier to use, so I have stuck with it.

Good luck,
Jerry, K5OE

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home