NASA TV World Wide

Quite some time ago someone on this list asked about NASA TV in
Europe, South America or Australia.  I don't know if the availability
has been resolved since.  But in the mean time I came across what
follows.  Although "reflectors" are not on every continent, there
should be no reason why one *anywhere* in the world with Internet
access cannot enjoy the program to some extent now.

>From http://spacelink.nasa.gov/.index.html and

NASA Television Coverage on CU-SeeMe

NASA TV CU-SeeMe feed into the Internet - NASA Lewis Research Center

     In North America, the NTV reflectors are:
 at the NASA Lewis Research Center
 at the NASA Marshall Space Flight Center
 at the NASA Ames Research Center
 at Kent State University
 at Northwestern University
 at Iowa State University
 at Northern Arizona University
 at ITESM University Information Center-Library,

     In Europe, the NTV reflectors are:
 at Østfold Regional College in Norway
 at Lund University in Sweden
 at Ecole Superieure de Mecanique de Marseille in France
 at International Space University, Strasbourg Central
                       Campus in France

     In Asia, the NTV reflectors are:
 at Tung Nan Junior College of Technology, Taipei,
 at A-Sync Co. Ltd. in Japan

See also info at http://shuttle.nasa.gov/ntv/schedule.html,
http://garc.gsfc.nasa.gov/www/garc-home-page.html, and

I think NASA TV is available via RealPlayer as well, although I'm
not sure if parts of it are necessarily broadcast in real time or
"near" real time.

You can get the CU-SeeMe video conferencing software for your Mac or
PC at http://cu-seeme.cornell.edu/.  A camera is NOT required to

Patrick L. Kilroy                                           (ex-743)
SSPP Avionics Electrical Engineer  Phone:  301-286-1984
NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center   Fax:    301-286-1673
Building 5, New Mail Code 568      E-mail: pat.kilroy@gsfc.nasa.gov
Greenbelt, Maryland  20771         Web:    http://sspp.gsfc.nasa.gov

   Visit SimSat at http://garc.gsfc.nasa.gov/~simsat/index.html