MIREX UPDATE 26 APRIL (revised)

                     *       M I R E X  U P D A T E         *

APRS SCHOOL TEST

On Monday April 27 1000-2300 UTC, MIREX will run a school TEST using
APRS.
There will be hopefully more than 40 schools participating in this
event according to Bob Bruninga WB4APR. Stations world wide are invited
to participate in the test. For more details on the school test see
web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/mirex/html
---------------

MIR PBBS STATUS

As of this writing, MIR's KPC-9612+ is working normally.
Stations are asked to PLEASE not to try digipeating while other
users are connected to the mailbox R0MIR-1.
Some of you might have noticed that you can't send messages to other hams
on MIR's PBBS. This is mainly because the mailbox is a personal mailbox
and is for the use of the crew.
---------------

Andy Thomas over Europe

According to Francisco, CT1EAT, he had a nice QSO with Andy Thomas on his
pass between 1644-1654Z on 24 April 1998. CT1EAT mentions that MIR's
signal on 145.985 was 59+20 at his QTH. After a short chat with Andy,
Francisco says that it was Andy's first QSO into CT land.
Congratulations Francisco!
---------------

Riverside Applied Learning Center 4/24 Contact

Our space fair at Riverside Learning Center on 4/24 went pretty well.
Lots
of contacts through amateur satellites, but one of the highlights had to
be
the two passes of MIR that we digipeated through. (The other main
highlight
was HF contact with Ron Parise - what a nice guy - really great answering
the kids questions).

These kids got real excited waiting for the pass and I even has a student
sending our status report. They had been studying space and MIR all year.
Last week we gave them an introduction during the day and an evening MIR
watch for students and parents for a visible, almost straight overhead
pass.

Gentlemen, thanks a whole bunch

Mike Heskett
WB5QLD
Hurst, TX
---------------

Calling MIR crew on voice (FM)

Please do NOT make "blind" calls on voice for Andy Thomas.
Doing so, KILLS the ability on MIR's TNC to decode users on packet to
the crew's personal mailbox. If Andy or any other crew member is on
voice, they will call CQ and be happy to chat with anyone that calls.
If you don't hear any crew member on voice, don't call.

73, Scott WA6LIE

Reply Mail:
wa6lie@juno.com
wa6lie@wa6lie.#wcca.ca.usa.noam

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home