Hello Joerg: Thank you for your memo. The Mirex web page is deigned to inform the public they can have a choice in which projects are on the ISS. Public opinion should have a big part in choosing which projects are built for ISS. In your memo you state ?ARISS team has collected lot's of information on their member?. The Mirex team collects data from the Public. The public needs to be represented on ISS, not just the big radio clubs such as AMSAT. There are over 1.5 million Amateur Radio stations world wide. All of the current ARISS proposals are so complex that only approximately 10% of the world wide Amateur Radio population will be able to use the proposed ARISS projects. How are you going to support the other 90% of the Amateur Radio population? We all know it is not possible to build one satellite project which will satisfy all of our needs. Different projects are needed to support the different skill sets on the Amateur Radio population. A 2-meter FM mono band 1200 packet project will be accessible to over 75% of the world wide Amateur Radio population. If you convert that same simple project to a split band 2-meter / 70 cm project you will reduce access back down to around 10% world wide. The reason is simple, its called Doppler. A Dual band FM radio can not compensate for Doppler. To compensate for Doppler your radio needs to be able to tune in 2k channel steps. Most Dual band FM radios made today can only step in 5k channels. A 5k channel step is not good enough to work a 70cm FM packet satellite. The 2-meter PMS on Mir is the most popular Amateur Radio Satellite in the world because it is simple (2-meter FM, Simplex). Most of the new Amateur Radio satellite operators started with Mir. ARISS needs to keep one or more Simple projects to help keep the steady flow of beginners using ARISS and other Amateur Radio Satellites. On the Mirex web page, I have a full page disclaimer about the project proposals. I do not says that Mirex runs ARISS. However there has been a serious oversight, Mirex should be added to the ARISS MOU as a full signing member with all rights and privileges. [Hi Miles, I was wondering about your given references in the last Mir Amateur Radio Status (see below). As far as I know all efforts for Ham Radio on the International Space Station are made by an international team. This so called ARISS team has collected lot's of information on their member Web sites, for instance http://garc.gsfc.nasa.gov/~ariss/ariss.html http://www.op.dlr.de/~df0vr/home_e.htm etc. In the U.S. ARISS is headed by the SAREX team (ARRL, AMSAT-NA). So why MIREX gives the impression to the international community to be the only group beeing involved in the Space Station and gathering information ? This was my opinion. It should be better to refer to the official Web sites prepared by the partners. MIREX does good work for MIR, but is not officially involved in the Space Station. Miles, this is not the first time that I have the impression you bypass some people to concentrate the interest on MIREX. I think this is not the best way to make MIREX more public. 73's Joerg, DL3LUM SAFEX - International Coordinator] Mirex Proposal disclaimer The posted Amateur Radio proposals from Mirex for Mir and the ISS are just that, they are Proposals. None of the project listed here are currently scheduled for official flight. These proposals were specifically developed to be used by Amateur radio satellite beginners around the world. Mirex realizes, that without a steady stream of beginners experimenting Amateur Radio satellites, that we will loose our Access to the Amateur Radio satellite Band. Benefits of the Mirex Proposals. 1. The Mirex proposals can be built and delivered in a very short amount of time. 2. They are designed for Amateur radio stations who are just beginning to try satellites for the first time. 3. Ground stations requirements for the 2-meter mono band project costs less than $500.00 4. The Mirex proposals can be used a place holders, to keep interested in ISS, while the more expensive and complex AMSAT super stations are being built. 5. the Mirex proposals will help keep overall interest in Amateur Radio Satellite operations. The Mirex Proposals have been submitted to MAREX, SAREX, ARRL and ARISS. Prototype hardware is already under development.