Re: Mir Amateur Radio Status April 19, 1998

[Hi Miles,

I was wondering about your given references in the last Mir Amateur Radio Status (see below). As far as I know all efforts for Ham Radio on the International Space Station are made by an international team. This so called ARISS team has collected lot's of information on their member Web sites, for instance

http://garc.gsfc.nasa.gov/~ariss/ariss.html
http://www.op.dlr.de/~df0vr/home_e.htm
etc.

In the U.S. ARISS is headed by the SAREX team (ARRL, AMSAT-NA). So why MIREX gives the impression to the international community to be the only group beeing involved in the Space Station and gathering information ? This was my opinion. It should be better to refer to the official Web sites prepared by the partners. MIREX does good work for MIR, but is not officially involved in the Space Station.

Miles, this is not the first time that I have the impression you bypass some people to concentrate the interest on MIREX. I think this is not the best way to make MIREX more public.

73's

Joerg, DL3LUM
SAFEX - International Coordinator]