Andy aboard MIR

Howdy,

I had a nice 5 minute chat with Andy, KD5CHF aboard MIR today (1528 UTC 2/28).
When MIR came up over the horizon, I called R0MIR and he came back. I called
on the 70 cm QSO freq. 437.925 151.4PL. There is some sort of noise signal
behind him that at times will obliterate his audio. It comes and goes as if
something is keying up aboard MIR and interfering. (Something to do with the
new TNC???) Andy wasn't sure what it was. Using headphones helped
considerably. It was about 6:30 PM aboard MIR at the time and Andy said he was
"taking in a little window time".

It was a very enjoyable QSO. Andy sounded great!

73,
Mike
N1JEZ
AMSAT #29649