Re: Visible MIR

At 06:25 PM 2/1/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Just finished watching a highly visible pass of MIR over the east coast.
>It's elevation at the highest point was 55 degrees.  It was also
>exceptionally bright.  Watched it for about eight minutes before it crossed
>the grey line.  The only thing I heard on 2m's was the R0MIR, though.
>
>73's Chris KU4DD

I couldnt see anything tonight due to clouds, however I had a good observation
last night of not only MIR, but apparently the Progress ship they had cut loose
on friday.  The object was trailing MIR about 20 seconds behind, and since the
shuttle had already landed, and the new russian team had already docked, I am
guessing what I saw was the Progress supply ship.  Anybody else see this?

73, Bruce WA4JAV

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home