ISS Repeater

Got on the ISS Repeater this morning during the 1127 UTC pass here in
Vermont FN34im. No one else heard.

I took the opportunity to play with doppler/power/antenna
alignment/modulation etc.

As suspected, everything needs to be pretty much right on for good access.
By paying close attention to AZ/El and Doppler, I was able to hold the
repeater down to less than 5 degree El. Even at my power level, 2-3 kHz
seemed to be the maximum error on doppler. Power here was set at ~ 5 kW
EIRP. I did drop 10 dB and still got in as the ISS passed overhead. (33
degrees El).

Unfortunately that was the last pass I can get on...

Did I read there was the possibility of 2.4 GHz operation? I have a
transverter and 60 watts that I can use. That would be fun!!

73,
Mike, N1JEZ
AMSAT 29649
"A closed mouth gathers no feet"