Re: I: ISS L / v Repeater 08.27utc UK / Europe Pass

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the info, I have replied to you and Fer direct and included the
audio file.

I believe you two are the first stations in Europe to make a QSO via the L/v
repeater.

I only have 10w (Icom 910HX)to a temporary 19 element 23cm beam mounted on a
tripod on my patio which limits my view of the ISS to passes above 45dg and
between 70 to 180dg az.  I have found that I can only access the repeater
when it is within a 400 to 500Km range.

A rough calculation gives my ERP as a maximum of 170w, not enough I think to
make a reliable contact.  Still, at least I have recordings of my own
signal!

Just wanted to clarify that to avoid misleading anyone as you'd referred to
my "QSO".

Best wishes

David
G8OQW