Re: USB to serial converters

I just bought a new laptop with no serial ports and Vista installed. I
bought 2 Sewell SW-1301 USB/SERIAL adapters to use with it for digital modes
and Satpc32 control. They sent drivers at level 3.0 that worked fine with XP
but would not work with Vista, however I did locate newer drivers for the
chipset, level 3.2, that work perfect with Vista. The adapter is
inexpensive, $12.45 US. I am connecting to a Kenwood TS2K. Performance seems
to be very good, better than the native serial port on my old, now dead,
Gateway.

 Sewell Direct can be found at http://sewelldirect.com/

 I'm sure there are others just as good, and maybe better, but these are
plenty cheap and they do work.

Good luck and 73 ...

     Jim Bob Buckeye
            AKA
  **** Jim Leder****
    K8CXM since 1961
 IBM retiree since 1999

There are 10 types of people in this world -- those who understand binary
and those who don't.