SatPC32 Woes & Successes in the Sticks

My thanks go to WD9EWK, ZS6MI, and DK1TB for their assistance in helping me get a new copy of SatPC32 loaded on a laptop on my
ship. My problem resulted from a changeout in office hardware followed by an installation disk gone bad.

Downloading the program turned out to be an impossibility because my internet connection is via a government facility, and while
it's completely legal to download apps and such, the satellite service provider back in the States imposed an unwavering 2 MB
filter on everything. (The app is about 30 MB zipped.) I was finally able to obtain a copy of the program over a non-gov't system
on the island where my ship is based.

It's tough to get things done from a rock that's 1400 km from the nearest land of any size, let alone through a government system.
All is well now, and I can "see" the birds on screen again. Maybe this will help get my grid square (MI62) into a few logbooks.

All the best in 2K9 to everyone!

73,

Jim, ND9M / VQ9JC