ISS Repeater

Just got on the ISS repeater - L band up and V band down from FN34 here in
Vermont.  I used full power here. 80 watts in the shack to a 55 el 1269
Directive Systems loop yagi. Transmission line is 75' of 7/8" hardline.

Results were mixed. The pass was 25 degrees max here. I had little to no
success as the ISS was ascending. I opened the repeater a couple of times.
I'm not sure if this was because other stations were trying and we were
clobbering each other or not. As the ISS was going overhead, it appeared
that the polarity was shifting rapidly as I would open the repeater for just
a word or two. I did hear Clare, VE3NPC briefly. As the ISS was descending,
things got better and I was able to consistently open the repeater, but
nobody came back.... I could not access the repeater below 10 degrees....

If anyone else was on and trying, can you let me know? I'd like to see if
that was the reason I couldn't access the repeater as it was ascending. One
other observation, I found the doppler correction to be pretty critical.
I've seen this when running low power into AO-51 for tests.

I hope to try a few  more passes this week.

73,
Mike, N1JEZ
AMSAT 29649
"A closed mouth gathers no feet"