Possible YUBILEINY RS-30 event

Following on from Mike DK3WN's successful intercept, I think there's a possibility of a Yubileiny RS-30 broadcast event on January 2nd or 4th 2009.

January 2nd 1959 (50 years ago) saw the launch of MECHTA (Dream) -renamed LUNA-1 - which missed the Moon but established two things (according to the 'net): the Moon has no magnetic field and that the solar wind streamed into space. AMSATters will be pleased to hear that it was also the best dx to date (Moon to earth and beyond!)

See for example:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luna_1
http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/nmc/masterCatalog.do?sc=1959-012A

On January 4th she was the first man made object to leave the Earth's orbit.

I have no tip-off, but a gut feeling that it might be worth a listen on 435.315 or .215 NBFM on the anniversary??

73 de andy g0sfj