Re: Delfi C3 status?

The packet data downlink is presently operational at 145.870. It is extremely strong from AOS/LOS.

When the amateur transponder is activated, A CW beacon will be at 145.870 in place of the packet data signal. It sends "HI HI DELFIC3 in CW."

I recently emailed wouterw@delfic3.nl asking when the satellite would be put back into the amateur mode. I have received no reply.

It's the holidays at the university so I really do not expect an answer at this point in time so maybe after the new year.

Unlike just after launch when transponder signals were strong, I have recently been having difficulty getting a signal through the transponder. I would like to experiment more so I'm waiting and hoping.

All the best,

Mike (K9QHO)
AMSAT 33589