Eurpoean IC-910 CTCSS disabled? ISS contact implication!

Hi

according to the manual, CTCSS encoding is disabled on all IC-910 s in Europe, Sweden and Italy! I can set it in tone squelch but does that tx it too when in satellite mode?

Otherwise it won't be possible for me and other IC910s over here to contact the ISS in the new repeater mode (which I don't think is in operation yet anyway).

andy G0SFJ