From: amsat-bb-bounces@amsat.org [mailto:amsat-bb-bounces@amsat.org] On
Behalf Of laura halliday
Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2008 6:41 PM
To: amsat-bb@amsat.org
Subject: [amsat-bb] Majel Barrett 1932-2008

I just read in the news that Majel "Number One"/"Christine Chapel"/
"Lwaxana Troi"/"Computer Voice" Barrett-Roddenberry died today.
She will be missed.

I was a kid in the 1960s and was inspired by a number of things to the
technical career I have today. Star Trek was one of those inspirations...

Grid: CN89mg                       pied a terre..."
ICBM: 49 16.05 N 122 56.92 W     - Hospital/Shafte