Re: IC-910H data port receiving

>I am trying to receive packet from my data port to the audio in of the
>computer, unfortunately I have not been successful.  I  have a 6 pin mini
>din connector with bare wires at one end, I buzzed out the data out, ground
>is the shell, and made the connection to the stereo plug,

Hi Pete,

I had the same problem using an old mouse connector.
No gnd connection to pin #2, only the shell was grounded, and no
connection was made.

I went back to my junk box, found another mouse, and pin #2 had a
wire connection.  The 9600 baud connection is pin #4.

And with Paul's, (KB5MU) help I got connected on local packet, so my
rf connection is working.
Still no joy on COMPASS, but I'm reworking the programs in an attempt
to access it...

            73, Dave, WB6LLO
                dguimon1@san.rr.com

                    Disagree: I learn....