IC-910H data port receiving

Happy Holidays,

I am trying to receive packet from my data port to the audio in of the
computer, unfortunately I have not been successful.  I  have a 6 pin mini
din connector with bare wires at one end, I buzzed out the data out, ground
is the shell, and made the connection to the stereo plug, no sound.  I'm
missing something, any help from someone with the Icom would be appreciated.

73,
Pete, WB2OQQ