Re: ??4MB this morning on FO-29

Luciano PT9KK wrote:

Out of curiosity, today at 15:22 UTC I heard on FO-29 ??4MB on orbit
60,879 around 435,841MHz.  ??4MB signal was really booming in Brazil. I
wonder who would be this ??4MB.  It was great to hear an American
stations on satellite after so long...

Wayne W9AE replies:

My guess is that you heard Jim Huhta AA4MD who is active on satellites.
  He lives in Tampa, Florida.  That is barely in the footprint from
Campo Grande, Brasil.

It is also possible that Jim AA4MD was operating portable from Central
America while doing volunteer medical work.  Several years ago he made
many Japanese hams very happy when he operated on AO-40 from Belize.

Wayne Estes W9AE
Oakland, Oregon, USA