Kenwood TH-D7 split Tx/Rx

Hi folks,

Ok, so in the manual it says that I can set up the D7 to transmit on one side, and receive on the other, with APRS.  With the ISS seemingly in that sort of mode, this would seem to be the configuration to use.  APRS menu 2-M gives me that choice, but when I have either of the spilt modes selected (Tx-A, Rx-B, or Rx-A, Tx-B), I can't turn on APRS mode.  Packet turns on, but not APRS.

I tried transmitting blind (simplex) on the last pass, but it would be good to be able to hear what's going on too.

What is the magic spell to run on split operations with APRS?

Thanks,

Greg  KO6TH