Are my pre-amps working?

Two FT817 rigs, one for 440 one for 144.

Two new Mirage pre-amps: KP-1/44o, KP-1/2M

When I power them on, I definitely can hear significantly stronger signals
on 2 meter side.  I tested by going to 144.39 and the packet signals near my
QTH were stronger by 3 S units.

For the 440 pre-amp, the signals seem to get stronger but only slightly.
During last night's FO-29 pass, it was a little easier to find my signal
while tuning around...but not much of a difference.

Anybody else using these pre-amps?

Mark Lunday
WD4ELG
wd4elg@arrl.net