AO-7

Good morning
 I have severial questions about working AO-7 that I hope someone can he=
lp me with. How many watts dose it take to get into the bird? Is there a=
ny trick to finding your downlink? I am using a Icom 718 for a downlink =
on a 80m horizontal loop and a FT-718 for a uplink with a home made eggb=
eater antenna. I can hear the bird pretty good but just can't get into i=
t or find my signal if I am
Thanks and 73

John Rusmiselle
KG4VHV