PCSAT Recovery status

PCSAT Recovery Status:

Still no joy on recovery.
Still too many unattended stations overloading the bird while we
are trying to command it.

I get command on the first ascending pass each day (PCSAT over
atlantic, out of view of most USA).  But next passes are
impossible.  Today, I plotted packet-attempts-by-PCSAT (noise
bursts by ear) and noticed an astonishing 3 times heavier load
over the USA compared to over the atlantic.  Of these dozens of
packet attempts, only 2 decoded.

But now that I can tell by ear the huge difference in attempted
packets by PCSAT when it is over the USA, I can see why we are
having problems.  And the sun angle gets worse every day for a
chance at recovery.

So don't hold your breath this operating period.  Have fun on
ISS, its working great!  And if you have an unattended beacon
via W3ADO-1, please turn it off.  Thanks

Bob, Wb4APR