San Diego plane crash was near us

That F/A-18 that went down in San Diego yesterday crashed about 870 m
due west of us (Miramar is to the east).

We're fine.

I took some pictures of the area and put them on my website at

http://www.ka9q.net/San_Diego_Fighter_Crash

These are just of the surrounding neighborhood, not the site itself. But
they give a sense of scale to this thing. I've never seen so many
firemen, policemen and pieces of emergency equipment in one place before.

73, Phil