Re: Kenwood TH-F6A for AO-51 / SO-50??

Guy Brauning wrote:

> be easier to carry around.  I am looking for recommendations / warnings /
> etc. specific to the Kenwood TH-F6A.  I would like some advice from those

I'm using a TH-F7E (the Europe/UK version without 220MHz) and a homebrew
antenna and diplexer.  As a few others have said, you need to get used
to switching to the B radio and tuning for Doppler and then quickly
switching back to transmit, but it's not a huge problem.  I found it
hard to get into AO-51 when there are more powerful stations working it.
but SO-50 is suitably quiet and AO-51's QRP mode gives us HT users a
fighting chance.

Gordon