AO-7 Mode A Antenna?

I have a Yaesu FT-847 which is dedicated for satellite work, so I
don't have any HF antennas connected to it.

I'd like to know from those on the group who are (were) using AO-7
Mode A (10 meter receive), what type of antenna you are using?

I really don't want to get a directional antenna for several reasons.
Also, is it possible to receive Mode A without the use of an external
preamp?

73 de W4AS
Sebastian