Kenwood TH-F6A for AO-51 / SO-50??

Thanks for reading this.  I am considering buying an HT for AO-51 and SO-50
as well as AO-27 (hopefully!).  I have been using a Yaesu FT-817 and either
an Arrow or Elk antenna and this has worked very well; however, an HT would
be easier to carry around.  I am looking for recommendations / warnings /
etc. specific to the Kenwood TH-F6A.  I would like some advice from those
who have used the radio for satellite work before I shell out $320.00.  I
seriously considered a used IC-W32A on e-bay but it went for over $150.00
and I couldn't see paying that much for something that may or may not work
properly.  Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Guy

N3SCR

Finksburg, MD