Re: Re Choppy ISS signals

Hi.

If you look at the received signal strength on the downlink, the crew are
saving the radios from overheating by having the squelch turned up. i.e. the
radios get a big rest over the oceans. Unless you put in a fairly large signal
then the squelch drops out and part of the transmission is lost. Result: It
sounds 'choppy'

David  G0MRF

In a message dated 06/12/2008 21:53:38 GMT Standard Time,  n3tl@bellsouth.net