Re: K5OE antenna projects

Hi Alan,

I designed and built a quadfilar described at:

http://home.san.rr.com/doguimont/uploads

as quadfil1.zip

And it proved superior to an eggbeater...My
method of testing comparatively, is quite
simple,  I did coax switching, and made an
immediate comparison by listening on a hamsat...

My old tired ears did the evaluation..

I use a 435 and 2 meter version, mounted on a
fixed 40° EL, and rotate with an inexpensive TV rotor...

The coax connectors are the most expensive part
of the antenna, and of course use type N's at
435, best to use them at 2 meters.

Mount them both vertically, and you will get good
results at all ELs above 30°..........

            73, Dave, WB6LLO
                dguimon1@san.rr.com

                    Disagree: I learn....