Re: LOTW Satellite name for ISS ?

Yes..I can see both sides of that.  You are correct that if we
communicate with ISS directly, then it is  a contact with a remote station.

But the repeater is not functionally different than, say, AO-51, just a
bit lower.

Of course, it isnt functionally different than a terrestrial cross band
repeater either--except for the antenna height :)