Re: Compatible Radios

Dave,

How much output power are you looking for on 2 meters?

Although it WILL duplicate your 471 (inasmuchas it's HF/6m/2m/70cm), if you want something more than QRP power levels, I'll recommend Yaesu's FT-857D because I own and use one, and love it. It peaks at 50 watts on 2 meters, 20 watts out on 70 cm. Since putting together my own 2-radio full duplex station, I've been routinely transmitting on it and listening on an FT-817ND. I have a second 817, and so can assemble a fully portable low-power all-mode satellite station.

Others may disagree, but my experiences suggest you wouldn't be disappointed with an 857. I bought mine used at a very fair price, and it's fully functional with no problems I've yet discovered on the satellites or HF.

I hope this helps. Best of luck in putting your station together.

73,

Tim - N3TL
AMSAT Member No. 36820
QRP-ARCI Member No. 5547
ARRL Member No. 7027180
Athens, Ga. - EM84ha
-------------- Original message from "Dave" <dave@mynatt.biz>: --------------

Hi group, I decided after listening to the group that two radios for my sat station is the way to go. I have a IC-471 on the horizon but can't find a