Re: Selling "free" software.

At 07:17 AM 12/2/2008, Alexandru Csete wrote:

>In my opinion, it is not a question of whether it is legal or not. It
>is more about "being nice to your neighbours". I also buy free software
>on CDs and DVDs because it can save me download time and in most cases
>it will support the development. But selling a CDROM with 10 MByte of
>data, which can be downloaded for free... that's also an insult to
>the environment :-(

Well, in that case, you have at least two choices, both of which you
exercised here - voting with your feet (i.e. not buying it) and
sharing your opinion on this issue with others.

I generally don't buy free software, because of the long turnaround
times for the media delivery, it's usually easier for me to simply
download the software I need.

73 de VK3JED
http://vkradio.com